This morning I went to Kean with Bethany and halfway through a conversation (that I don't think we ever finished) my phone began to ring. "202, huh I think I should pick it up". The delightful woman on the other end explained that she was from Island Press and began to ask if she could set up an interview with me. This is the company I was really excited to find about two weeks ago. This is the company in Washington D.C. This is the first thing I've heard back from anyone.
The look on Beth's face mirrored my growing excitement.
It hit me this afternoon that this is actually real. That the job I want to one day have is finally starting to take form and become a reality. The last person who had this internship moved up in the company. It would be four months in D. C. and then who knows what from there. I'm trusting with all the details.
I went out and got myself an interview outfit today at H&M.
But for now I'm at the Ritz in Dana Point, watching cartoons with a very sleepy little boy. The sunset over the Pacific was beautiful tonight, if anyone was wondering. For me, I'm about to start submitting more resumes. For him, time for bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment