Ryan and Bethany. Two of my greatest friends that are on their way to Uganda tomorrow. They are going with Krochet Kids, one of my fav's. I am more than excited for their trip. We had a packing party tonight. Beth hadn't packed at all, so we got some music going in our room and Ryan Beth, and our friends Simeon and Perry came over to hang out and enjoy the company. I feel like Beth would have a lot less stuff if she wasn't shooting a documentary this next month. But she is, and it's going to be amazing.
But the fact that they are leaving means a few things for me. First, my roommate is gone so if anyone wants to come sleep in her bed and keep me company that would be awesome. Second, the garden is now completely under my care. I will have a little help, I'm planning on rotating days between Seb and I. However I think I am going to be doing some major recruiting over the next few weeks.
That garden is almost out of control. The corn is now officially taller than I am. The cucumbers are like as big as my arm. Yet the weeds are just as bad. We slacked off this month honestly. They are definitely encroaching on the plants and sucking our soil dry. However a new sprinkler system installed by the incredible Nic has "revolutionized the way we do gardening".
Uganda, here they come.
No comments:
Post a Comment