Sunday, June 28, 2009

garden inspiration

I got excited about our garden yesterday. I definitely am feeling inspired to do some big things in it this next month. I think it came when I picked a zucchini that was as long as the length between my ankle and my knee- and the fact that there are five or six more that size on the same plant. Plus I've been looking at pictures of gardens on flickr.

Things that I want:

raised flower beds, for the herbs

stepping stones

for the weed pile to go away

to plant beans next to the fence

all the weeds gone

a legit compost pile

Its a hefty list. Yesterday I got on Craigslist looking for things that would help me accomplish these goals. A lady in Irvine posted that she had 120 garbage bags of free dirt in her driveway. So Sara, Perry, Becca and I drove and got like 10 bags and some grass. It was the greatest time. I felt like our community garden really does build community sometimes, or at least it did yesterday as we were driving down the freeway in a loaded down truck, dirty, eating sugar snap peas.


No comments: