This is where I work.
A
few weeks ago, a dear friend posted this entry--she writes to explain a recent
decision to actively participate at work, to not deprive herself of her
greatest achievements.
"Today I realized with discipline and hard work, I have the world at my fingertips. Does anyone else sell themselves short? I have been everyday for a long time. I think when I first got a job in this company I was looking at it as a means to an end. I needed to work, and I took the first administrative job offered to me. I had no idea I would be here for two and a half years and counting, with goals and aspirations to continue to push up the chain of command."
Her post resonated with me and encouraged me in my decision to apply for an open management position. There were a number of people applying within my store, a few of them I would love to work with because I respect their decisions and passion. Three positions open, yet I was the only one they offered a promotion. It was bittersweet, though I understand the decisions that were made. Confident in my ability to lead, my experience, and potential to advance the business, they offered to hire me on to the management team.
Going forward I will represent a part of that team, and though I'm sure there will prove challenges, I am excited for the change.
No comments:
Post a Comment