Friday, February 8, 2013
In Honor of the Snowstorm-- Spring.
Kristin and I ventured to the Lyman Estate Greenhouses in Waltham Wednesday. I've wanted to go for about a month now, and as now there is snow rapidly falling outside my window, I'm glad we took the free afternoon. There are four or five different rooms full of orchids and native New England plants, as well as succulents and flora that belong in warmer climates, like the kumquats. The dormant looking branches to the left are grapevines, which come to life again in the spring.
As the clouds drifted by the sun filled these glass rooms with warm, glowing light and my heart with joy. The air is full of oxygen from all the green things and all the green makes me happy. We stepped into another world, or somehow transported ourselves to California.
California, on this cold blizzard day I'm thinking of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment