My favorite coffee shop in Boston is located in the North End, the Italian quarter. It is called The Thinking Cup and aptly so. The decor is done in vintage newspapers, brick, chalkboards, and hardwood. I ventured there with my friend Ashley, who is here from San Antonio with the company she works for. I took her here because I thought it would be a fun place to visit for her birthday.
I paid 1.60 for a cup of decaf coffee, as we had done a lot of coffee drinking at work earlier in the day. When the barista called out my name I expected a cup of coffee, naturally, but instead I got the above latte. Did I complain?
Nope.
I don't even know if it was decaf or not, but it was dang good. Lately I'm amazed at how friends suddenly pop up here in Boston. This would have never happened in San Antonio, but people randomly visit here. Our friends Wicks and Michaela, Rhiannon, Jamie, Peter and Amanda--I hope there are many more in the future. Just yesterday one of best my college roommates called,
What are you doing the weekend of the 16th? She said, Cause I'm coming to visit.
Perfect.

2 comments:
It's Wix ;)
http://www.iamwix.com/
But his last name is Nowicki...
Post a Comment