About a year ago, on our way to sushi, my then very pregnant friend Amanda exclaimed to me, "Are you kidding me? Who wouldn't want to live in San Antonio?? They have the River Walk! Do you know how gorgeous it is down there?"
At the time I didn't, but now I do. Now I'm here.
Last Thursday night James and I went downtown to the River Walk with our friend Nate, who has been in town for a couple weeks from So-Cal. I had never been and it really was gorgeous. We walked from his hotel about a mile down to where most of the restaurants are, and ate at a British pub-like place. It was great to get out and walk around, the night was warm and we had a lot of fun. It was also wonderful to see Nate, a little piece of home. There were lots of people around and what I loved most was the way the lights glittered off the water.
Thanks Amanda, you can say "I told you so".
No comments:
Post a Comment