Thursday, February 24, 2011

Plain Silliness

After my shower this morning I mosied out to the kitchen for a cup of much needed coffee. I reached into the cupboard, grabbed a mug and started the water. Filter, grounds, hot water, wait--you know the drill. I toss the filter and walk back to my mug with a spoon and sugar, and look down to see...
 A little friend peeping up at me!


So I put in some milk, grabbed my book and cozied up in a chair. My little friend sat and watched me read. After a bit the dog jumped up in my lap and made himself comfortable--it was a little party. 

Currently reading and loving: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Anne Shaffer. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man. You said "moisied." And you live in Texas now. Next time I see you, you're gonna have Wranglers and a gun. But that might be cute, too.

Ashley said...

never.

Sharon said...

Wranglers (tight), cowboy boots (real), plaid shirt (embellished with a couple of rhinestones), a gun rack (loaded, of course) in the back window of the car, a beer in the cup holder, and a 10-gallon hat on that 1 pint body. Yee-haw! Welcome to Texas!

Ashley said...

Sharon, oh my goodness the day this happens is the day you will need to check me into a rehab clinic so I can find myself again. Ahahahahahahaha...

Sharon said...

The picture in my mind has me completely cracked up (it happens sometimes), but I'll admit that in reality I have a real hard time picturing it actually happening.

But I will be praying for you, sweet sister! 'Cause I've heard them big Texas thangs have a habit of just happnin' ta folks when they ain't payin' attent'n.