Two things.
Firstly, I want to thank NPR for keeping me connected to the world. Bethany and I used to stream it in our room while getting ready in the morning and those mornings were always so sweet to me. We would listen and talk and listen and debate and listen. It's the only thing I listen to in the car anymore especially since the road trip here. James and I started following the events in Tunisia and now I've been listening to Egypt since it began. It is incredible to me that these two stories are so similar, and the more I listen I really feel like these last few days have been moments of history. This 5000 year old country is the same I learned of in middle school social studies and the threat of losing control over the Nile, the actual Nile river, is real. I think about women and children there, families, new babies, that need supplies or maybe don't feel safe in their homes. I pray for their safety through these events.
A little news from San Antonio; freezing rain here tonight, which I have never seen before. It isn't snow, but rain that freezes on the first thing it touches. The roads were covered in a sheet of ice and I saw three accidents tonight on my way home-- I traveled about one exit down the highway. Our friend Thomas had warned me about unprepared Texas drivers before we left, so I stayed on the access road instead of risking the highway, good thing. It's only supposed to get colder and there is actually snow in the forecast for the morning. Oh, but 75 again on Sunday.
Guess I'll job hunt from home tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment