Thursday, October 21, 2010

treasure hunt

Last week we went to the Maryland Science Center in Baltimore to listen to a lecture from the man, Greg Stemm, who is the CEO of Odyssey Marine Exploration. Up until two minutes before we went in Joy was a little skeptical. However after he played a video for us I think we were all hooked.



This man finds deep sea treasure for a living. After his lecture there was time for us to stand and talk with him and Steve asked something to the effect of, "So once you find something, is it finders-keepers?" His response, because the shipwrecks they work with are in international waters, basically. Although the country of Spain wants their gold back from the Tortugas.

Finders-keepers people. Ships have been sinking for thousands of years. Who wants to go into the treasure hunting business with me?

http://shipwreck.net/aboutus.php

1 comment:

Amber said...

me. mememememememememememe. I do. I want to.