When I moved in with the Weckers I quickly realized how much seafood I would have the pleasure of eating. I am a lover of most kinds of fish, and crave sushi daily, however crab, shrimp or scallops I am not really familiar with.
Apparently in Maryland crabs are a much revered feast. I learned how to eat them this last weekend during half time of the Ravens/..... game (ya I don't remember who they played, I just remember we won at the last possible moment!). It was a cultural experience, to sit outside in the brisk air in between halves of a football game eating crabs.
This one was as big as my face!
This is what I learned.
1. Rip off their legs and eat any meat attached.
2. Crack open their claws and eat the stuff inside.
3. Pull open the "key" on their bellies.
4. Rip off their faces.
5. Pull off their backs and break them in half.
6. Scoop out their lungs and their insides.
7. Eat the meat and avoid the poop.
He says, "please don eat meee!"
Sounds delicious huh? Actually, I'm a fan.


2 comments:
who are you ? my children don't like shell fish...he's an ocean filter! You must belong to your DAD.
You're sick.
Post a Comment