Wednesday, October 27, 2010

titus andronicus

A few years ago, whilst studying at Oxford, I fell in love with Shakespeare's work. My favorites consisting of comedies like Much Ado and A Midsummer Nights Dream however I made a goal to, at some point, read his complete works. I've been slowly working on that since. I've also come to realize when one reads Shakespeare one should also see Shakespeare.

I am going on Saturday to see Titus Andronicus put on in Ellicott City. It is designed to be "a production staged to keep the cast and the audience on the move throughout the stone ruins of the Patapsco Female Institute Historic Park." An open air drama among the ruins on the eve of Halloween, sounds like fun to me. I picked up a copy of the script this morning and true to Shakespeare, there is conflict and murder already in the first act.

I can't wait.

No comments: