Life has been slow, and pretty normal this week. I finished the castoff for another project and the transmittal meeting for said project is this afternoon. I love going to meetings here, as it gives me a chance to interact with all the different sides of publishing. Assistant editors, editors, the Production department, Marketing--they are all there sitting in one room (some on the conference phone) talking about specifics and reasons for publishing this work. A great opportunity to see the big picture process.
It has been fantastic to have the Weckers home again. Alone time was great, don't get me wrong, but the cat, Franklin/Frankie/Franktown/Fbomb (the last one I made up) was kinda making me nuts. At least now he only bugs me at 5:30 am instead of, well, all night.
It's raining today, and this morning I went to Starbucks (the only reason I go to this one is because of the perfect location, and window room facing Dupont Circle) and watched it. Reason I went to Starbucks? Because my mom sent me a card, as well as a box of wonderful. More on that tk (to come).
No comments:
Post a Comment