
This afternoon I wandered into my favorite fruit and vegetable market in CM. I haven't been in a while, since the summer actually. Says something about my diet recently doesn't it?
Out front, of course, were the marked down pumpkins. The reject gourdes that have lasted until after Halloween. 99cents each and still no one really wants them. I also passed by and walked in. I was immediately excited about everything I saw. Sure, your normal vegetables are there; beans and lettuce and the like. But I saw hazelnuts, fresh picked apples, persimmons, pomegranates and blackberries. These things to me are the the brilliance of fall, and only a little glimmer of hope for a fall in Orange County. Lets just say blackberry pie, apple crisp, roasted hazelnuts and pomegranates that last for days are some of my favorite things.
All those and a cup of tea.
No comments:
Post a Comment