Sunday, November 8, 2009

community

Recently I've started going to a new church. It's pretty much wonderful, well mostly the people are wonderful. But that's the point right? Anyway Bethany, my friend Amy and I got invited by Heather (married to Matt, two beautiful little girls Madison and Clair) to come over for dinner this last week. She made taco salad and it was wonderful, as was the conversation. The girls were in and out and Matt came in toward the end but really struck me most was effortless hospitality.

She didn't make her house spotless. I love that. She spent time with us and really cares about what is going on in our lives. So good. It didn't take months of going to church with them for us to get together. I feel like this is true for most of the people that I am getting to know there. A lot of families have extra college students living with them, and feed us often. Growing up there were always a handful of people after church, lingering and talking. Here it seems that the whole church does. I feel apart of a family, when little kids are running around causing havoc after the service, around the older men and women talking and praying for each other. Its really how I feel that church should be. Family.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Amen.

Sharon said...

Ash,

Miss having you in our "family", but glad you've found another one! Thanks for the reminder to do this more.

S.

DesiraƩ Rochelle said...

This my dear is just what we were created for. And something were always looking for, and trying to create huh!? Im so glad you have found it. Now keep on creating it in your own life! Your beautiful. I love you.