Anyway, I was leaving and had said goodbye, passed out hugs and got into my car. I put it in drive and then out of the corner of my eye I see a little pajama wearing, barefoot boy running down the path from the house. I put my car quickly back in park and open the door as he is running around the front of my car, "Caleb what are you doing?" I ask as he jumps into my arms. He kisses me on the cheek and gives me a big hug and says in a this-is-obvious-I'm-not-sure-why-you're-asking sort of tone,
"You forgot to give me a kiss."
Then he ran his little barefoot self back up the path and went inside.
1 comment:
that was a great moment! and I love how he said that you forgot, as if! He just wanted more loving before you left! And since you always leave stuff behind we are assured you will be back! :)
Post a Comment