Monday, June 2, 2008

a world of paint, nanners and fun




So I got up super early today, got ready and drove to the Robeck's house. I rang the doorbell and I hear, "Ashleys here!!" from an enthusiastic four year old voice. My day only got better from there. Rebecca just turned 4 and Caleb is 2 ...Thing one and thing two I will call them.





We painted flower pots today..and we'll plant bean seeds in them tomorrow. We drew on the sidewalk with chalk, rode bikes around the block, ate tasadillas an nanners (caleb translation: quesadillas, bananas and watermelon) for lunch, read books and played barbies (something i havent done since I was 7). All in all a full day.

While we were painting I was helping Rebecca paint a heart, only to look over just in time to see Caleb with the yellow open, both hands, squirting the whole thing onto his pot. perfect.

Rebecca was sitting on the sidewalk at one point when Caleb decided to let his bike go from the top of the slightly sloped driveway..it hit her right in the back. It sucks when kids cry but its amazing when they run to you and put their arms around your neck, I think maybe its a little how God feels when we need him.

Anyway..stay tuned for the chronicles of Thing 1 and Thing 2.

2 comments:

catherinecarmen said...

so excited for the chronicles. you could write a book titled "The Nanny Diaries"...oh, wait.

p.s. i am back. and I have missed you.

DesiraƩ Rochelle said...

Rebeccas hair is so so beautiful! Im exited to hear about your adventures!