Friday, June 13, 2008

open mic night

I got home tonight, from a long day with the kiddies, and needed a little alone/relax time. My roomies left so I cleaned the house a little, then i grabbed a notebook or two and drove over to Gypsy. I parked on 2nd street and walked through the little plaza in "the artists village" of Santa Ana, which is pretty great. There are fountains and twinklelight decorated trees along with the interesting people that hang out there. Tonight I walked by a window and realized it was a studio and inside there was a man with the most beautiful dreads painting on a huge canvass. I stood and watched, then tore myself away after a few minutes. Once inside Gypsy I ordered some Mango tea and sat down at a table in the corner. The only downside to this whole artisic experience was that Thursday nights happen to be open mic night....otherwise known as the night when all the guys that think theyre great get together in one room. One guy screamed about all the women in Southern California being suicidal ( I beg to differ), a man who thought he could make people laugh by talking about his girlfriend, and a woman who got up and talked about how she was a nurse and how that affects her dating relationships. I went there to enjoy a nice atmosphere...what I got was rather disturbing.

Oh well, overall it was a nice night. Next time I won't go on Thursday.

1 comment:

DesiraƩ Rochelle said...

hahah. Not at all like the poetry reading we stumbled upon huh?
Gorgeous painter with dreads... mmm sounds delightful. ;)
I miss you baby girl! I do, I do.