Theres a new light in my life. One that lights up more now than ever before. Always there for me in times of need, or desperation. A reminder in hard times. Unfortunately not a reminder of anything good. My gas light has become my new best friend in the last few months. Its hard for me to bear the thought of using $60 to fill up my gas tank, so lately all I feel I can afford is to put $15 or $20 in at a time. More often than not that little orange light with the fuel sign is lit up and staring me in the face.
About 6 weeks ago I saw it come on for the first time. To be honest it scared me, I pulled over at the first gas station I spotted and I think I paid a ridiculous price for a couple gallons to get me by. It happened a few more times and I began to think.."I can make it a couple more miles for sure". See, my car does this weird thing where the gas gage fluctuates and jumps around and I noticed that sometimes the light flickers on and off. I figured if its doing that there must be something in there, my thought now was when the light stays on consistantly thats when I'll pull over. I had begun a downward spiral. Today I hit an all time low. I drove home last night with the light on, parked, then got up this morning and drove around town with it still on. Just waiting for my engine to start sputtering and give out completely.
Why do I do this you ask? Honestly..it may be a mind game that I play with myself. I hate that I'm forced to pay an outrageous price for something I need, and have no control over it. Tomorrow is the day that begins the dawning of a new era in my life...bicyling.
No comments:
Post a Comment