There were lakes to be explored, rivers to fish in and mountains to climb.
I grew up climbing in trees and going on hikes and camping, the real way, with no showers, no bathrooms, no BBQs in a campsite. We camped with no one around us..for miles.
My playground was oak trees and moss speckled granite rocks. The air I breathed was fresh and scented with pine and dirt. The water in the winter is freezing cold (literally like 35 degrees) because it is pumped out of the river and into our house. We heat our house with the wood my dad chops up in the fall and our christmas tree, for as long as I can remember, has been gotten from the middle of the forest...dragged out by a snomobile.
Everytime I go home I forget how beautiful it really is, I have definately taken it for granted. I took our 130lb dog on a walk around the lake the other day, it was marvelous. Best part was when I bent over to get a stick out of the water, the ledge was kinda steep and all of a sudden I heard
"SPLASH!!"
I turn around and Dozer (our 130lb dog) is standing there almost completly soaked..looking at me...like I can do anything about it. Wish i would have had the camera.
1 comment:
145...thats what Dozer weighs now...:)
Post a Comment