Saturday, April 6, 2013

In Providence For Breakfast


I've found myself feeling a little lonely lately. Mine and James' work schedules are almost opposite the last few days, we've missed dinners together most of the week. Sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself on Wednesday I decided to see what Amanda was doing. She's an Oxford friend, those are a unique and wonderful kind. She's doing grad work in CT and we've found the drive is worth it. In the end we decided on breakfast, in Providence, RI.

So with Boston in my rearview mirror, I drove an hour south to find this little treasure of a breakfast nook. The entire place is no larger than my own kitchen and the owner is combo cook, server, host, coffee brewer, friendly neighbor, and cashier. Five little booths seat guests and the chalkboard on the wall serves as a menu, though I'm sure most people who eat here arrive with their order in mind.

I guess breakfast with endless cups of coffee and conversation was just what I needed. I left encouraged, inspired, and ready to take on the rest of my day.

No comments: