Friday, July 6, 2012

Prospect Hill

"Wanna go for a walk?" I asked. 

James and I have a green-space behind our neighborhood. A nature park with trails throughout and probably about three miles of roads as well. The woods really. It takes about fifteen minutes to walk there but past the gate we're in a whole other world. 

Pine trees, oak trees, the ground is covered with needles and leaves. The trails are dirt, sometimes rocky and in the middle of this metropolitan area one would almost never know one was so close to downtown Boston. We walked up through our neighborhood--up to the left, up to the right, up up up--and then chose to wander around in the park for a bit. 

I breathed in deep the smell of pine needles on the ground and a fresh breeze. 

About halfway up to the top of the trail we turned a corner and had a fantastic view. The Boston city skyline and all the space between us and it. We live about eleven miles from the heart of downtown Boston. Up in the woods and down in the city, all in the same day. 

I like this adventure.

No comments: