Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Feels Like Marriage


Last week I made some de-li-cious star sugar cookies for the Fourth of July (thanks for the best recipe ever Magen!) I was painting and baking and chatting with my sister-in-law, lovely!

On another note, isn't it the worst when the dryer stops working? Well, let's see, it works and spins but it refuses to dry our clothes. The experts at hand have said the heating element in the back needs to get replaced. Another project for us to work on completing during our time off. In the meantime I went to Home Depot (my favorite store) and picked up some line and clothes pins. So now our basement is full to the brim with clothes zigzagging across the ceiling.


I remember when I was little my mom used to hang-dry our clothes in the summer. The line stretched from the deck corner to a cedar tree about 30 feet away. It was on a wheel so we would clip things and scootch them on out until there was a full line of clothes. They came back stiff but full of sunshine.


I'm glad for summer.

No comments: