Tuesday, September 7, 2010

september fifth

Music, like the ocean, inspires me. Often I can put a CD in my car player and let it play over and over and over again for months. Sometimes CDs find their way in and I find that they play like a soundtrack to the season of life I find myself in.

Band of Horses often settles me in to the fall and rain.

Kings of Leon was last November.

Kristine Muller was the soundtrack to San Francisco.

The Steelwells played to the beginning of the summer.

Jonsi inspired the end of my summer and the transition I felt coming.

A few weeks ago some friends gathered in our living room with some guitars, a mandolin, and a kajon. They played, sounded incredible together and it was through random happenstance that it all got recorded. I'm finding now that music of some of my closest friends spurs me onward and offers comfort for my next move.

Thanks Mike, for making sure it was captured.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Well sis, you right beautifully! Although I didn't notice my name in the list of "those who inspire you". I will have to work on that!!

Love ya,

PM

Kathy said...

Oops, "write". Although you might be "right" too!! :)

ashley said...

Do you keep a blog? If yeah what is it??