Monday, September 13, 2010

newness

Two of my favorite things are cozy kitchens and windows. They are right up there with chocolate, mushrooms in pasta (or anything really) and an amazing book.

I'm sitting at the Elkridge house, in the kitchen specifically, with a playful kitten named Franklin. It is quiet here this morning, which is unusual for this house. With it's eleven rooms there is space for people to always be around, whether they live here or not.

Sunny today, but fall is definitely around the corner.

I start my new internship tomorrow. I'll be catching the train around 7am and be in the city hopefully in about an hour. At church yesterday I sat next to a woman who commutes into D.C. everyday and she gave me some really helpful advise, and her phone number, for how to get tickets and get there smoothly.

Green is the color of everything here. There aren't many right angles and I have the whole day to enjoy.

1 comment:

Johanna Lynn said...

Glad to hear the transition is a smooth one so far. You are definitely missed back in California but I could not be happier for you and the opportunity you have in D.C. Enjoy every moment :)