Tuesday, June 29, 2010

forward step

Court tastes like bitter coffee in my mouth. It looks like old men with suits and ties and briefcases. Shiny shoes, beige walls, and the woman asleep next to me. It sounds like hushed voices and raised voices, clicking of heels on the stone walkways that walk into elevator doors that open and shut open shut open. It reminds me that I hemmed my pants last night and even though they look great with my shoes at any moment it could unravel and I would trip and fall. There is a language they speak and you listen and it's almost English but not quite so one can never be sure of what is going on. 

It's waiting. It's compromising. It's concrete diction. 

I went with a friend today, to support and encourage. She is...pause as I think of how to describe her to you... simple and genuine in spirit, quirky, speaks her mind, vulnerable. Free spirited, dreamer, a great mom, joker, thoughtful, caring, friend. There were some laughs and after we went back to her home to spend time with her son. Ordered pizza, watched movie, and worked on some sign language and smiles with him. Cozy afternoon. 

No comments: