Tuesday, June 1, 2010

a memorial first day of summer

Yesterday a few friends–those of which I would consider myself closest to, relate to, and find that they in fact are the kind of friends one has for life–and I drove down to Dana Point to spend the morning together. Johanna is housesitting for a woman in our church who lives in a beautiful home about a five minute walk from the beach. 

After exploring our little dream house we all started making breakfast. A feast really. With these friends I laugh a lot. This kind of humor and laughter you find only when friends have known each other a good length of time, experienced life together and gone through some difficult things– but have arrived whole on other side. 

Breakfast was: Eggs with bell peppers, tomatoes, avocado and cheese. Yogurt with walnuts, strawberries and blueberries. Sausage as well as orange juice and coffee with pecan ice cream (because we had no milk).   

All this was eaten with a view of the Pacific Ocean in the background and great conversation around a table outside. 

After breakfast we cleaned up and walked to the beach where Bethany and I actually dove into the water. 

No comments: