I worked more than 36 hours this week babysitting. Thanks to my awesome agency and a friend who actually passed my name along twice, the Lord has provided me with much needed work. I was wondering, this evening around 8:30, why I am so tired and then I realized the amount of hours I have put in the last six days. My favorite, by far, was Miles.
My dad called me about 6:30 last night and I said, "Hey guess what I am doing?...Walking around a hotel with a one-month old strapped to me." He laughed. Miles is probably the smallest little boy I have ever taken care of. He literally fit in my two hands. Mom was really happy that he was so content hanging out with me. I got to feed him, hold him, and smile with him in the few hours he was awake with me. His ity-bity fingers, little ears and tiny nose kept me captivated the whole night. I read and drank a free Chai latte while he slept next to me on the hotel bed– he was snuggled up like a little love-bug. Probably the first kid I've watched that I wanted to keep.
No comments:
Post a Comment