Saturday, May 29, 2010

the nanny bag

Required by me of the agency I work for, upon arrival of every sitting job I take I am to carry with me a bag full of age appropriate games, crafts, and toys for the child to enjoy while we hang out. 

However I think I am coming to the conclusion that I should also carry a bag of things for myself. In it should be: 

A jacket or hoodie, for houses with hardwood floors especially. I take my shoes off when in a home and my feet get so cold. 

Various teas, because I crave tea at night. 

A book, especially for hotel sitting. Kids go to sleep and often I am in the same room and can only have a small light on. 

A cell phone charger, inevitably I will need to get ahold of a parent or be texting someone and my phone will decide to start flashing the "my battery is about to fail" symbol. 

Snacks, for those random times the mom doesn't say, "please help yourself to anything you see in the kitchen." Tonight I was good, chocolate chip cookies and tea hit the spot. 

No comments: