Now, it's not all that sad. My foot has been half out the door since I started this year. I watched many of my friends go through a mourning process about leaving this Vanguard family, yet I'm not really feeling it. My mourning and processing happened last year when 70 of my friends walked across the stage- friends I had known since my senior year of high school. I'm graduating on time, four years, but for some reason I've always been drawn to invest in friends who are older, more mature than I am. So my Vanguard world has already moved on without me, I feel as if I have graduated already. School is a part of my life, instead of my life being school.
It is also strange that I am the only one in my house still in school this next semester. By random circumstance everyone seems to have graduated early, so that now even my closest friends and community are no longer there. Strange.
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for this next semester. I'm taking 12 units of Literature and Religion classes, with some really great professors. I'll continue to edit for the Yearbook and have more time to pour into it. It is a new season, though a short one, and I am looking forward to what it holds in store for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment