Friday, December 4, 2009

in which I escape for a little while..

I went on a little personal retreat today, to a retreat center north of Long Beach. There were gardens and benches and it was quiet. Thats all I really have to say, it was relaxing and I am definitely a little more collected than I was this morning before I left.

On the way home I decided to drive down the PCH. There was traffic, but the 405 was probably the same way so I thought I might as well drive the interesting way. I was driving through...umm, somewhere and I saw a Barnes and Noble up on the right. So I forced my way through two lanes of traffic and turned in (I've noticed that when you make eye contact with the driver you want to get in front of they normally let you, its like, oh there's actually a person in that car).

What to get in Barnes and Noble? I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to read the Lord of the Rings trilogy, by J.R.R. Tolkien and a professor recommended I read The Hobbit first. The guy I asked to find it for me is actually taking a Tolkien class currently, so we had a fun little discussion. I walked out with it and skipped to the car (cause I was excited).

I can't wait to lay in bed and read- escape into another world. Until then it will sit on my desk as motivation to keep going until I'm finished.

No comments: