
I'm constantly stepping over a guitar case.
Picks are a normal part of life, I find them in the most random places.
I helped lug an upright piano up a set of stairs.
I hear the phrase, "I really need to record some of this stuff" often.
I live with a singer and songwriter. She, in my opinion, is amazing. Since a trip to San Francisco last year my days often consist of walking into a room to find her spread out on the floor with bits of paper, a journal and computer around her writing or singing with her guitar. I sit at my desk reading while she works out lyrics and chords. "I wrote a song today!" she says, "well, part of one..like I have most of it I just need to figure out this one part." I get to be the first audience. Lately when she plays I sit with my book and either mouth the lyrics or sing along, because yes, I know all of the words to all of them. However my favorite is when she puts her pen down and just plays and sings, expressing feeling or frustration through her music and then forgets what she played after she's done.
No comments:
Post a Comment