Monday, January 26, 2009

the republic of tea

One thing that I miss about England is that no one here stops their entire day to sit and have tea. In England whole colleges, workplaces and shops stop their day, to sit at some point and have a nice cup of tea or coffee in the middle of the day. Its brilliant.

This evening I went to Billy and Jonie's for college group/bible study. As people were arriving Jonie said "Ash do you want some coffee?" Did she really have to ask? So for the second Sunday night in a row I'm in their kitchen making coffee and tea for people.

I have noticed that my french press never actually gets put away. I use it in the morning and then again at night. Between those times it, at some point, will get washed and sits in the drying rack until I use it again. Then in the morning if its in the sink I wash it or if its in the drying rack I use it. It just never goes away.

Sam and Bethany have been the individuals to most benefit from my new obsession with making coffee and tea at all hours of the day. Every time I bring it in for them they get so excited, like its abnormal still. Yesterday morning Sam even got a cup while she was still in bed, you should have seen the smile on her face.

No comments: