Wednesday, January 7, 2009

108 to J59 to the 99S to the 5S then the 405S and finally the 22E

Last night as I was driving through our snow covered neighborhood I noticed how the sunset was reflecting off of all the white snow, making it a pinkish-orange colour.

Since I've been here mostly I have layed in bed reading, and sleeping in way too late. I had lots of Christmas break projects planned. Read Shakespeare, finish a quilt, finish Chesterton's Orthodoxy, and so many other things that I dreamed up while drinking tea in a cozy Crick Road, Oxford house. The thought of lots of free time was one of the few things that kept me going in the last week or two. Yet, I sort of feel like that free time didn't turn out how I originally thought.

I have relaxed, spent time with my family, shared my England experience with some family friends, babysat for the Funks-craziest day here :), cuddled with my parents, spent time with friends, drank tea with my Gram, and played with my dog in the snow. I don't think those things are half bad.

I'm driving back down to Southern California in the morning, my car fully loaded with everything I own. I must say that I don't like how much stuff I have, most of it is just that, stuff. At this point I am wondering if it will all fit in my car. I'm nervous about starting back at Vanguard, so sad that I won't be arriving in Oxford to start Hillary Term, and looking forward to seeing a lot of wonderful people in the next few days. But I think I am going to hide out at the Robeck's as long as I can. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww... Sorry I missed you, while you were in town.

Cristina Robeck said...

Come back come back adn hide for as long as you want!!!! I LOVE having you here to wake up to and talk with and have crazy Caleb and Rebekah! We love you and you have a key!