"Ashley?"
"Ashley?"
said an angel's voice to me last thursday morning around 7:15. I opened my eyes and the cutest rebekah was peeking her head around the door, bed-head, kjamas and all. She came in and plopped down on my bed, rubbing her eyes. We chatted for a bit and then JM came in and pulled her out. That was the start to my wonderfully unproductive day.
I got up and went down to Vanguard, ready to move in and get a tun of stuff done. As I pulled into the parking lot I got a call on my cell, didn't recognize the number and threw it on the seat next to me. I get out and walk over to the Scott Courtyard and there is Shelley Youd, holding the newest edition to her family, saying "oh my gosh I just called you and left a really random message on your phone!" So I hung out with her a bit and eventually wandered over to the mailroom.
Craig said "welcome back! I think you have some packages" Packages?... packages from who? He handed me a huge pile of mail, some bills but mostly letters and packages from friends in Oxford...dearly loved ones who I happened to be missing like crazy at that very moment.
I wandered over to my new room, and was standing at the counter reading my love letters when in walks Jessi and Sam, who found me with tears going down my cheeks. I went with them to their room, and Des called. So we went back over to VU and there I saw lots of wonderful people that I love and had missed. (So far, lets remember, that I haven't done any moving in). Then Des and I went by her room and then back over to mine, then Jess calls and we go get Sam and over to Starbucks we drove.
After the caffine fix, we go back to VU, where we run into none other than Noah Jenks. He extended an invitation to accompany him on arrands...how could we resist? So we end up at The Guys' house just sitting and talking about everything beautiful.
Noah says "I have to go to the post office, wanna come?" So I jump in the car, on a wirlwind adventure. We go back to the house and Des and I walk back to VU. (Its about dinner time and by now I'm hungry and haven't unpacked a thing)
Anyways, after running into a handful of wonderful people I make my way back up to the Robecks. I walk in the door, and say "Cristina! Oh my gosh I didn't do anything today!" To be perfectly honest I still had the same amount of stuff in my car as when I left- minus all my clothes, which I had brought in and then left. We had to remedy that situation later...
Needless to say, my first day back, I was a complete butterfly.
1 comment:
i think your pretty amazing.
and i'm sad you are on my couch sickly.
feel better gorgeous.
Post a Comment