The morning James and I left Dana Point we all went down to walk along the beach. On days like today, when we wake up to snow falling outside in Boston, I think of this.
Spring semester has begun, and I keep telling myself--as I don my feather-down snow jacket--that at the end I will be wearing sandals and short sleeve shirts to class. This semester I am taking Book Editing and an Applications of Print Publishing class. They should go well together, editing and learning the computer programs that we use to build books. My Book Editing class is taught by one of my favorite professors so far, even though he gives an abundant amount of homework. I'm actually avoiding that homework currently, writing this. But I'll consider it my warm-up.
Lately, as always, I've been trying to find beauty in the small things. I'm enjoying hot coffee, my new calendar, a journal I only doodle in, fresh flowers in our house, the sunset out our living room windows, warm blankets, soft boiled eggs and toast for breakfast, my friends at work, waking up before the sun, wool socks, pictures of Laurel's babies, time to read, and game nights.
3 comments:
Yay for new semesters! I love you and your ambition. I also love your finding beauty in the small things. It's a nice reminder to start doing things like that.
Can't wait to see you. Which we should chat soon... but after wednesday... we are still working on extending my visa for another couple weeks that expires on wednesday.... eish...
xoxoxo
Call/message me anytime. Also, our doors are open and we're home, so just jump on a plane and I'll come get you whenever. Love ya. Praying for that visa. xoxo
I just want to come do/enjoy all of these things with you.
Post a Comment