I had the day off today. So, naturally, it was full.
I spent the morning finishing Howard Schultz's first book, Pour Your Heart Into It. A story about the beginning of his company, my company, and the process of growing it from one small retail store into a global corporation. Reading about the decisions he made, how hard he worked, and the team of people he leads Starbucks with was inspiring. I appreciate Howard's vision and how much he cares about me as a partner.
In the afternoon I went to New Covenant School, where James teaches, to help lace up ice skates. The kindergarten teacher is also a friend of ours, and she asked me if I would help her with her kiddos today. Even though I haven't ice skated since high school, I was ready. Kindergarteners have such tiny feet! Tiny skates! I enjoyed watching James help and encourage his students. They all call me Mrs. Pierce--love that.
For dinner I made cauliflower soup, a creamy, onion and potato based soup from one of my favorite cookbooks. It has mustard and olive oil croutons that go with it, topped with sharp cheddar cheese. Perfect for a rainy evening.
+copy.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment