The seasons bring a texture to life that I've missed. This morning I boarded the inbound train as it began to snow. There is something romantic about the train making its way along the track, pushing through the snow, harboring me inside as I watch the flurries blow past my window.
Very J. K. Rowling-esque.
Last night James and I went out for dinner after my meeting in the city. He met me at the bus stop, we crossed the street and walked into Sabatino's; a little italian place in Waltham. The four employees there all looked up when we opened the door. We sat down next to the window and the waitress brought us menus with hot ciabata rolls.
We had the place to ourselves.
We ordered two huge bowls of pasta and they came out steaming, full of fresh mushrooms, squash, oysters and shrimp. We couldn't finish. The cook came out and asked us how everything was, told us that James had ordered a dish that they had just made for the first time, for him. What a fantastic way to spend a Monday evening, cozy while its cold outside.
Tonight I walked slowly through the Common, watched the snow fall and the city lights glitter in time with the twinkle lights strung in the trees.
California native at heart, but this urban Boston is growing on me.
1 comment:
I've decided this is my favorite post you have ever written. So well-written. I'll spend the rest of the night wishing I were there and maybe heating up a can of soup for a poor recreation. Love you.
Post a Comment