Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back To School...Well, Almost.


I got up and went to work early this morning, trained a new employee to put our big order away and decorated the store with the Fall set. Happy.

School starts tonight...

I got ready, all cute with my new school clothes. I had the laptop charged, a notebook and pen, money on my Charlie Card. As Bostonians say, I was all set. James saw me off with a perfect soup and grilled cheese dinner complete with a sweet good-bye kiss. I caught the bus and walked to Emerson through China Town and downtown Boston. Found my class a few minutes early even.

But then 6:00, 6:03, 6:04 came around and no one was there yet, not even the teacher. Another student poked his head out of the classroom across the hall and said, "Where is everybody??"

At least I wasn't completely alone.

He called a friend and she explained that classes in fact begin tomorrow, so there are no Tuesday night classes this week. We laughed and introduced ourselves heading down to the lobby together, both lamenting about how excited we were to start tonight.

Hey, I'm ahead of the game.

3 comments:

may, samantha e. said...

this makes me giggle so much. Also glad you were not alone.

<3

Andrea said...

Oh Ash....I love you so much!!! I'm sorry you'll have to wait until next week for class :-( Huggs and kisses.

Amber said...

Hahahahahah....I started a week before I was supposed to also! :) hah