Thursday, September 13, 2012

Apple Picking


They just about fell off into your hands.

 Oh hey there handsome guy...




Our friend Bri (also our wedding photographer, for those of you who were there) has a tradition of celebrating her birthday with donuts instead of cake. Brilliant. This year she decided on fresh apple-cider donuts from this local apple orchard.

We all drove up last Saturday to wander through the orchard, plucking ripe apples off of the trees. We wandered through Gala, Macintosh, and Honey-Crisp dreaming of all the things you can bake with such yummy fruit. I think James and I combined at five apples just walking around! We packed a picnic lunch, bread and cheese, fruit, olives, and the like. Finished off our afternoon with a visit to the farm animals and some fresh donuts.

I think they melted in my mouth.

I'm so glad fall is here, and I'm absolutely thankful for these friends.

No comments: