Monday, September 10, 2012

Back to School






Summer is officially winding down around here. It's brisk this morning. 

School began last week for me (for real this time) and my Book Publishing Overview class is more than I could have ever dreamed for. I feel like I have a better grasp of the industry as a whole after one class than I ever did working in a publishing house. 

These are pictures of the garden at our church. The ladies there designed it themselves and take care of it as a hobby and a way to get together with each other each week. As I lack a space to dig in the dirt this has created a space for me to do just that. It is a full garden. There are plants that bloom each season and each time I crawl around in it I feel rejuvenated. 

My work load this semester should be pretty manageable. With just two courses I'll have the opportunity to focus a lot of attention to reading. Two courses is about half of what I'm used to having. However I am also working, wanting to be involved with Emerson's literary journal, have time for friends and enjoy my first year of marriage. 

No comments: