It seems to me that my entire friend group, save for a few, have decided to pair off in the last few months. Its fine I guess, I'm happy for them sure. However on a Friday night where does this leave me? When we all sit together in a coffee shop or while getting ice cream? I feel strangely uninvited to most activities going on these days and find that I have a not previously experienced amount of time on my hands. I've been drinking lots of tea lately."
***
This was the start of a post I was going to put up about an hour ago. I take a step back and realize how incredibly ridiculous I sound. See, I frequent The Coffee Bean near my home and tonight as I was getting out of my car I met Hope.
I saw her riding her bike on my way into the parking lot. She approached me and asked for some money to get dinner. So I asked her if we could walk and I would buy her something to eat. We talked and walked to Quiznos and she told me a little bit of her story. With her nearest family in Milwaukee, Hope has found herself alone in Costa Mesa. Hope sleeps outside, which worries me because it has been cold lately.
It's amazing to me, the things God shows me.
No comments:
Post a Comment