Wednesday, August 12, 2009

shakespeare weekend part I

The Wooden O Symposium, Shakespeare Conference.

I left my house around 3 on Sunday, after I stopped to get some horchata, headed for Las Vegas and Amanda. I studied Shakespeare with Amanda (see picture on right) in Oxford and she presented a paper this week on "As You Like It". But anyways...

I headed out on the 15, horchata in my hand, sun on my back and Brave Saint Saturn playing as loud as it would go in my car. I had forgotten that California turns into desert outside of Orange County; Red rocks, sand and lots of sage and brush. I got to Amanda's house as the sun was setting, and the yellowy orange sunset was reflecting off the hills..

"And I believe, the sun also rises, lighting our paths and chasing the darkness away... so far away" - Reese Roper, (disc numero dos).

1 comment:

James David said...

I know this isn't facebook, and I'll never take it as such, but if there were an "I like this" button, I'd click it.

It's amazing how music, and simple but true lyrics can change someone's entire outlook they're having on life that day.