"just get in the car.."
The 2007, black Acura TSX I have been riding around in most of the summer has grown on me. The first time I met her, we rode around the block, I was sort of impressed, "pretty nice" I thought. But since then, I've gotten to know her a bit better. Sort of like a friendship, when you take the time to learn quirks and acquire fun memories- if it is a natural friendship you may not even notice its happening until one day it hits you and you think, how did that happen?
"On the streets, windows down, on the freeway, windows up."
"I don't care what it is, as long as its hitting!"
Custom installed in the trunk of the car is the clutch ingredient. Not one, but two 12 inch subs are the catalyst for this driving experience. Sitting in the back, with the volume turned up to 38 my clothes and hair blow forward a bit. You can imagine what she sounds like cruising down the PCH, or up the 5 freeway toward Anaheim.
You can only drive this car after having proven yourself, and your driving skills. Its a trust thing I think, and once the trust has been established the keys are readily entrusted to friends. I have to say that driving the car puts a smile on my face every time. I'm learning to read her, to know the dimensions and what she is capable of. I feel privileged as someone who has earned this trust and love every new memory while driving. These memories define my group of friends- we turn the bass up as loud as it will go, roll down the windows, and dance the whole way.
No comments:
Post a Comment