This evening as I was leaving my Grandparents house (they live about 5 miles away, when I was growing up they were just around the block. I used to "run away" to their house). I noticed it was a bit chilly outside. I got home and looked at the temperature, 60 degrees. I wish Southern California would drop down that low.
As I drove home on our anything-but-straight mountain roads I looked up and could see a thousand stars peeking out from behind the pine trees. I parked the car and from the top of my driveway I can see the milky way, truely breathtaking. I think the stars are my favorite part of living here. On a summer night pulling to the side of the road and laying on the hood of the car is a favorite pastime. In the winter getting bundled up and going for a walk on a crisp night to look at the stars is incredible as well. I have been truely blessed to have grown up so surrounded by beauty.
No comments:
Post a Comment