Saturday, August 30, 2008

Home...Well, One of Them.

There are a few things I love about this particular home. First, is that we sleep with all the windows and doors open, because at night it gets nice and cool. Last night while I was reading I found my ears straining to hear some sort of noise...anything, besides the faint music of crickets in the distance. Sometimes its so quiet that I can hear the sound of a car (as in one car) half a mile up the canyon on the highway. This morning I woke up to sunshine coming through the trees and the sound that wind makes when it blows high up in the trees up and down the canyon. Then I felt it on my face as it came through my window. Right now, in August, its about 80 degrees outside with a wonderful breeze that has lasted since this morning.

More things that I like about this place, I can read a book from start to finish with no interruption. Our sweet German Shepeard/Black Lab mix lays around with me all day but will also happily accompany if I decide to go on a hike or to the lake. A quilt is easily sewn together and finished and spending time with my family is one of my favorite things to do.

No comments: