Sunday, August 31, 2008

Packing Begins

This morning my mom and I got up early and went to church. Today the service was at Pinecrest Lake in the outdoors ampetheatre. Amazing to worship God with mountains, forest and lake in the background. The most interesting part of attending church here is the kids. Today I watched my pastor's kids (Jonah, Jadon, Gabriel and Amariah) swimming out to the ropes, rowing boats, getting baptised, reading the lyrics in the program, and talking. Two out of four of these children, I can remember the day they were born, the other two were only 2 and 4 when I met them. They make me feel old.

Today I came home and pulled out my backpack and suitcase and started putting things in:

clothes mostly summerish stuff (until my mom checked the weather in Oxford next week)
clothes, mostly winterish stuff
books
art
pictures
pajamas
paintbrushes/pensils/pastels
the random change in Euros and pounds I still have from previous trips
scarves
necklaces
shoes
a roll of toilet paper

Thats pretty much what I have so far. Im gunna try and squeeze in Jessi's feather down parka and my quilt. They said not to bring bedding, but who doesn't want a quilt in England? Its cold here today, already 59 degrees and its only about 6:00. My parents are talking about turning on the heater or building a fire tonight. Crazy.

2 comments:

Katie Kremer said...

I miss you already... is that ok? :)

catherinecarmen said...

dont forget your new shoes, love.