Spring is the only thing that inspires me lately.
The colors of it, the thought of it, the warmth it brings, and the sweet smells that mean spring. I'm waiting, not very patiently for it.
Usually I work Fridays, but not this week. This week I'm working on a research paper, making lasagna for dinner, baking, putting flowers in vases, spending too much money at Trader Joe's (man it really helps to have James there, that guy knows how to stick to a list!) and laundry, while watching the sunshine move around the living room.
We're picking up Sam May from the airport tonight. I am completely thrilled she is stopping to see us before her move to South Africa. She is that friend who randomly calls me while driving across the country and talks for an hour. She's the friend I love to make coffee for in the morning, someone who calls me out on my crap, and inspires my creativity. Her photography hangs in my home, her laughing snorts make my heart happy, and I am so excited to share Boston with her this weekend.
Yaay Sam!

No comments:
Post a Comment