Saturday, March 23, 2013

New Furniture

When we moved into this apartment we discovered someone had left a table saw in the basement. We didn't think much of it, because honestly, who needs a table saw? But surprisingly, it has come in handy. The first week we moved in James made shelves to go under our kitchen cupboards for extra storage. Yesterday we were hanging out in the living room and he said,

Okay, I'll be back.

An hour later I woke up from a nap on the couch to him carrying in a desk for his new computer.

There was a piece of plywood on the bottom of the table downstairs and I cut it so it would fit, and then did the legs. When I stood it up it was still wobbly, so I put the boards between them and fixed it. 

Genius.

We're both pretty proud of the table. He's pretty resourceful my husband. The thought of going out to purchase a desk or look forever and a day to find a small one online seemed daunting, at least to me. Leave it to James to come up with a perfect solution, a perfect free solution.

Currently he's building his computer in the living room next to me. It looks super complicated--wires, pieces, screws, and plugs everywhere. Do you know how blessed I am by him? He takes care of our finances and our car, and many times I have come home to all the dishes and laundry done. He works hard for our family and we have so much fun together. He loves those around him in big ways, he's generous, patient, caring, strong.

I'm proud of his impromptu table, and of him.

No comments: