Saturday, March 2, 2013

Quilting Again


 





The moment I realized I was able to attend Laurel's baby shower this weekend I started this quilt. From Pinterest I learned how to do the chevron stripes and each Wednesday, usually my day off, I'd piece together a little bit more. This pattern was pretty simple and it was nice to try something new. I love watching the squares come together to form the larger pattern and sew thinking about the new baby who will soon use it.

In California this weekend, words hardly describe how good the sunshine and fresh coastal air is for my heart. The Powells are stationed just below Oxnard, CA and I get to spend time with them just before their second baby, Margaux is born. The quilt is for her. Its been almost a year since I've seen Niahmaya. At my wedding she was a three month old tiny baby. Today she's a year old and still as sweet as honey.

No comments: